My Little Boy....


Riverfront Residences

Friday, April 6, 2007

Welcome aboard!



me, my sam and our son...

Whew! my 2nd post. I chose to share this to everyone....the arrival of our little bundle of joy Luis Antonio Carpio-Alhambra. Our cute little angel was born last September 12, 2006 at exactly 12:05 am in San Juan de Dios Hospital, Pasay City.

Baby Luis was born weighing only 5.14 lbs (2.65K) relatively smaller compare to any newborn baby you can see at the nursery room. He was a premie, premature born lacking 10 days to be considered as a full term. He was only 35 weeks and 4 days when I delivered him through vacuum extraction (normal delivery)

9am sept 11, 2006 and I was scheduled for a weekly check-up so my hubby and I went to see my OB. Just like any ordinary check-up day there is a long line of pregnant women waiting for their turn so I keep my cool and patiently waited for my turn it was already 12nn when I entered the room and we found out that I'm about to deliver the same day (I was already 4-5cm that time)

I was admitted the same day around 1pm. I had to make a couple of phone calls to tell everybody that I'm about to give birth and that I need my things to be brought to the hospital. I was in my room at around 2pm we were already hungry since it was past lunchtime but I was not allowed to eat and I was told that I will be brought to the labor room. When I was already inside the labor room, that was the longest 8hours of my life waiting for my baby luis to come.... from 3pm-6pm I was wearing fetal monitor and my bp was also being monitored because I was diagnosed to have a pre-eclampsia case (bp was rising from 130/100, 140/100 to 150/100) It was to my surprise when I was already inside the labor room, my bp went down to 120/80 which is a normal bp for me.

At exactly 6pm, I was given a medicine trhough my IV to induce labor. I was brought to the delivery room around 11:35pm (sa wakas....8-9cm na fully dilated na daw sabi ni dra yey!!! Image) luis came out after 30mins of pushing (di ko cya ma-ire kase bangag ako sa epidural feeling ko na-todo ko na ang ire eeewwww) my OB decided to have a vacuum extraction because luis does'nt want to come out (bumabalik cya sa loob hehehe lalabas sandali ulo nya tapos papasok ulet haha! ang kulet ng anak ko Image )

I was mesmerize to see my son and at the same time I was so amazed to see the little creature that was once inside my tummy moving, kicking and gigling.... giving birth is such a great experience and it's worth the wait kahit kinalyo na ang likod mo sa sobrang tgal mo sa labor roomImage

No comments: